Every year my husband and I go through the back-and-forth discussions about what we’re going to do for New Year’s Eve. Both of us are WAY over going out and partying it up like it’s 1999, but we for sure still like to have a good time! Now that we have the two kiddos, fun parties at home with our family and close friends, or going to an event where the kids are welcome, seem to be more up our alley. I know… we’re getting so old! With it being so close to Christmas, it definitely can be a lot of work to throw a New Year’s Eve Party if you just got done hosting family for Christmas! But, if you’re up for it or are a glutton for punishment (like I seem to be!) check out these 10 New Year’s Eve Party Foods.
1. Mmmmm…. This Cheese Ranch Pull Apart Bread from Number-2-Pencil.com looks AHHHH-mazing! And from the looks of it, it is totally within my realm of recipes that I should be able to pull off. 🙂
2. How could you not include this fun M&M Apple Caramel Cheese Ball from WillCookForSmiles.com?!?! – Serve with apples, pretzels, or any cracker crisps that are lightly or non-salted snack and the kids are sure to be hopped up on sugar for the celebratory night!
3. OK, seriously… these Gold and Silver Cookies from PSIMadeThis.com are SOOO New Years Eve! Would you believe these are just Vanilla Wafers?! Check out this recipe and don’t panic. It’s super easy and will totally add the bling you’re looking for to your table!
4. When I think of New Years Eve, I think champagne, cocktails, and party favors! So when I saw this Chips and Dip: New Year’s Eve Style idea from CaramelPotatoes.com, I knew I was going to have to go this route to serve some chips and dip! I’m totally running to the Dollar Store tomorrow, because I know that I saw some plastic glasses like this that I’ll be able to use!
5. What better way for the kiddos to toast at midnight than with this awesome Cookies and Milk: Champagne Glass Style idea from StyleMePretty.com?! I know for a fact I have a little guy in my house that would pretty much think this would be the PERFECT way to celebrate the New Year!
6. You definitely need some Champagne Punch (Non-Alcoholic, of course!) found at Food.com for the kids all night! I’m pretty sure you already know what to serve for the adults, but it’s always fun to make the kids feel super important and “adult”. And honestly? It looks REALLY yummy!
7. These “Clock” Sugar Cookies from PhillipsFamily.com are the perfect way to showcase the night’s festivities! How cute to make the clock and serve it up with frosting showing hours and minutes, as well!
8. Serving cupcakes? Make these awesome DIY “Sparkler” Toothpick Cupcake Toppers found at The36thAvenue.com! I’m sure the kiddos would love the real thing shooting out of their cupcakes, but maybe for safety’s sake, and since I’m in a cold-weather state and will be staying inside, I may opt for the DIY Sparkler version instead. 🙂
9. This Hot Chocolate Bar found over at KevinAndAmanda.com is the perfect way to stay warm on a cold winter’s night for kids AND adults. Because you have to include the Bailey’s for the adults to add in! What a fun addition to any New Year’s Eve Party!
10. These Banana Pops found over at BakersRoyale.com are really about the coolest things I’ve seen in a long time! Make a little yummy bar with some chocolate sauce and lots of fun toppings for the bananas and the kids will for sure want seconds! Super cool! And I personally love the presentation! So unique!
I have some serious doubts about either of my kids even making it up to midnight, so we might have to start our party a little earlier than normal this year. But… I definitely am looking forward to spending the night with them and ringing in the new year in a fun kid-friendly way! Happy New Year!
Are you throwing a New Year’s Eve Party or need to bring a dish to pass at a party you’ve been invited to? What are you making? Comment below and let us know! 🙂
Be sure to check out New Year’s Eve with the Kids for fun activities to ring in the New Year too! 😀
Join Our Weekly Newsletter
Sign up today to join thousands of readers
living creatively on a budget!