What kind of back to school DIY teacher gifts are up your sleeve this year? If you’re stuck and don’t have any clue what your child can give, don’t sweat it! We’ve got you covered 😉
The days are quickly ticking by before my little guy heads off to his first day of Kindergarten! I can’t believe how fast the summer has gone (or the last 5 years for that matter!). He is so excited to start his new adventure and I’m excited for him.
One of his favorite things in PreK was giving his teacher homemade presents that we put together and we’ve already started working on something cute for his new teacher.
Which begs the question…what kind of back to school DIY teacher gifts are up your sleeve this year? If you’re still stuck and don’t have any clue what your child can bring, don’t sweat it! We’ve got you covered 😉
13 Back to School DIY Teacher Gifts
Here are some great ideas that are quick and easy and will have your child’s new teacher super appreciative. Get to work!
1. I don’t know very many teachers who don’t go through a million dry erase markers over the course of the year! That’s why these Dry Erase Marker Bouquets from TheHappyScraps.com is a perfect back-to-school gift idea for your child’s teacher. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s quick and easy to make!
2. This Back-to-School Teacher Treat with a Tag Cup from TheCraftingChicks.com is so cute! I love teacher gifts that have a FREE printable on the website. What could be easier than embellishing your candy-filled cup with a great tag that looks so cute your teacher will think you spent way too much time on it?!
3. Every teacher deserves this First Day of School Teacher Survival Kit! TheFirstGradeParade.com puts such a cute crafting spin on this great idea! If you are a crafting junkie, this is a great way to put a personal touch on a back-to-school gift. And I love how you can incorporate your school colors with the tissue paper or ribbon 🙂
4. A Teacher Coffee Gift Card and Cup is a great way to help them get “back to the old grind”! CoffeeCupsAndCrayons.com nailed this idea and I don’t know many teachers who don’t appreciate a bit of caffeine included in their presents.
5. How cute is this Teacher’s Apple Pencil Holder from SmartSchoolHouse.com?! This project will take you no time at all and since teachers all need a place to put their pencils or other writing utensils, you know it’s going to get a lot of use for years to come. What a cute DIY teacher’s gift project!
6. This Year-Long Survival Kit for Teachers from SerenityNowBlog.com is definitely going to be appreciated later in the year when items the teacher had stocked are starting to dwindle. Think of all of the things you’d love to have at your disposal if you were a teacher and make sure you include some in this survival kit. They’ll appreciate as the year goes by.
7. This gorgeous Ruler Succulent Planter from ElizabethJoanDesigns.com is going to make all of the other teachers jealous when they see it on your teacher’s desk! There is a great tutorial for you to make your own planter out of a ruler and succulents are so easy to take care of. It’s a great plant to have in your child’s classroom.
8. A Teacher Emergency Kit is never a bad idea to include in your teacher’s arsenal for the year! After all, teachers get sick too! TheCraftingChick.com makes sure it’s presented in the cutest way possible, and they will sure appreciate the small token of TLC when they are feeling under the weather with lots of kids in their classroom to keep in-line!
9. How cute is this Banana Muffins “I’m Totally Bananas About Being In Your Class” Gift?! For all of you bakers out there, this delicious idea from TheTwinery.com will have your child begging to keep them home instead of giving them to their teacher! What a cute gift idea!
10. I love this “Apples for the Teacher” Gift from SisterSuitcaseBlog.com! What a cute way to implement the apple theme without actually giving the teacher an apple… of which they’ve probably been given dozens! I love that all of the small gifts included in the basket are apple-flavored or scented. So unique! There is even an apple-cranberry drink in here. Perfect!
11. Here is another great idea for the bakers in the house! This Smart Cookie Mason Jar Gift from ItsOverflowing.com is a great way to give a gift that’s meaningful with some homemade goods, but inexpensive and easy to put together…Especially when you include the awesome FREE tag printable on your mason jar! Yay!
12. Plastic Tumbler Filled With Goodies are always a great idea when looking for something to give to the new teacher this year! You may not know exactly what your new teacher likes, but AndersRuff.com has you covered! These super sweet FREE tags are easy to print off and simply stock up the tumbler with small supplies and goodies every teacher will appreciate. I love this idea!
13. This “In Case of Emergency” Gift may or may not be opened by the end of the year, but at least your new teacher will have the option! InspirationForMoms.com has all of the directions that are super easy to follow and how cute will it be to keep an eye on it all year to see if your teacher finally caved?! How fun!
I’m sure your teacher would love any of these presents for a first day of school surprise. I remember how exciting that first day was and how much anticipation was in the air! What a better way to break the ice than by treating your new teacher to a special little gift.
There isn’t a better way to welcome everyone back after summer! Have fun!
Do you send the kids with teacher gifts that first day back to school? Comment below and share your creative ideas on how to start the new school year off right! 🙂
Take back your finances in just 3 days!
Sign up for my free 3-day email course to organize your bills, create a realistic budget, and tackle your debt.
The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of them. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.