These super easy, inexpensive, and delicious 24 hour dill pickles just can’t be beat. Make them today and enjoy them tomorrow!
I love pickles! But even more than me, my kids LOVE pickles!
I have to admit that I am a bit of a picky pickle eater though. Wow, say that 3 times fast! I love crisp, fresh dill pickles. And these easy 24 hour dill pickles just can’t be beat!
Best of all they are super inexpensive to make. Just plant some cucumbers, dill, and garlic in your garden and you’re pretty much ready to roll.
Our garden has been planted so now we wait…
Ok who am I kidding? We’ll be visiting our local farm stand ASAP so we can grab the yummy little pickling cukes that will end up being these delicious 24 hour dill pickles.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Kosher salt
- Cucumbers (if using full-size, cut in 1/2 lengthwise and then cut in spears)
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled & sliced thin
- 5 or 6 heads fresh dill
- Start by making the brine. Combine all brine ingredients in a pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- Set aside and cool completely.
- Stand up your cucumber spears in 12 oz jars.
- Divide your garlic and dill equally among the jars and fill each jar with the cooled brine.
- Store in the refrigerator until read to serve. After 24 hours they are ready but will only get yummier the longer they sit.
- This recipe should yield about five 12 oz jars. Alternatively you can make one large 1/2 gallon jar or other sizes as desired. Just adjust your recipe accordingly.
You might also like these posts…
The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of them. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.