Make the perfect shrimp scampi without standing by the stove to cook it. In just 20 minutes you’ll have a meal that you’ll never guess was easily baked!
With lent now in full swing, we’re always looking for delicious meals to mix up our normal Friday pizza night.
Although I love to cook, having three young children doesn’t make it easy to whip up a complicated recipe, especially during the week. So I am always on the lookout for ways to make those complex recipes more mom-friendly.
I love shrimp and anything scampi has always been one of my favorites…I can never get enough garlic!
But when I think of scampi I envision standing by the stove, mixing in a few ingredients at a time, and keeping a careful watch so nothing cooks too quickly or burns. Enter my family and that can be a disaster! Haha!
I need easy – easy and delicious!
How to Make the Perfect Shrimp Scampi – Bake it!
Baking has come to the rescue more than once for yummy meals and side dishes around here. I just love the simpleness of prepare, bake, and wah-lah!
I have to admit that I never thought of baking shrimp scampi until I came across this recipe, though.
This oven recipe makes the perfect shrimp scampi for those of us who just don’t have time to stand by the stove to cook. In around 20 minutes you’ll have a delicious shrimp scampi that you’ll never guess was easily baked 🙂
- 1 - 2 lbs 16-20 ct raw shrimp (peeled with tails left on)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw shrimp if frozen and peel, leaving tails on. Spread shrimp in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Prepare sauce by mixing lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano until salt crystals have dissolved. Stir in olive oil.
- Pour sauce over shrimp in baking dish. Place butter slices on top of shrimp.
- Lightly season on top with additional salt, pepper, and oregano. You can also season with dried parsley and paprika for color if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until shrimp are cooked - the exterior should be pink with red tails and the flesh will be slightly opaque and a little “white” in color.
- This recipe will make enough sauce for up to 2 lbs of shrimp.
At the same time I bake the shrimp, I roast the broccoli in the oven (just drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and chopped garlic) and boil the angel hair.
No part of the meal requires more than a few minutes of attention so you’ll be able to get a delicious meal on the table quickly while taking care of your other mom duties 🙂
Have you found an easy way to make the perfect shrimp scampi? I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe!
Don’t miss these posts…
Take back your finances in just 3 days!
Sign up for my free 3-day email course to organize your bills, create a realistic budget, and tackle your debt.
The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of them. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.