You only need three ingredients for these quick and easy chocolate croissants! Your inner chocoholic will be delighted!
Have you ever seen the movie It’s Complicated? I came across it last weekend as I was flipping through the channels during one of my little buddy’s late night feedings. I’ve seen it before…it’s a good movie! But this time something from the movie stuck that I just couldn’t get out of my head all week – chocolate croissants!!
I just kept picturing them…ooey gooey chocolately goodness surrounded by buttery puffed pastry. YUM!
Unfortunately I’m not a professional baker like Meryl Streep in the movie, so I knew I wouldn’t be whipping up a batch from scratch anytime soon. But I had to come up with a simple way to make my own version. The easiest way? What I do best! I would just tweak something already wonderful to make it even better 🙂
Pillsbury Crescents to the rescue! Wait until you see how easy these are to make. Here’s what I did…
Delicously Simple Chocolate Croissants
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Open package of Crescents and roll out the dough. Separate dough at perforations and place about 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on each piece of dough near the wide base of the triangle.
Roll each triangle beginning at the base where your chocolate chips are and finishing at the point. Brush each croissant with beaten egg. Bake for 11 – 13 minutes.
Enjoy the chocolatey goodness!!
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1-1/2 chocolate chips
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open package of Crescents and roll out the dough.
- Separate dough at perforations and place about 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on each piece of dough near the wide base of the triangle.
- Roll each triangle beginning at the base where your chocolate chips are and finishing at the point.
- Brush each croissant with beaten egg.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes.
- For a more ooey, gooey chocolate filling use shaved baking chocolate instead of chocolate chips.
Don’t miss these posts…
Take back your finances in just 3 days!
Sign up for my free 3-day email course to organize your bills, create a realistic budget, and tackle your debt.
The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of them. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.