This easy, healthy garden salsa is one of my family’s favorite summertime recipes…skip the seasoning packets and make it with fresh ingredients!
Although I do appreciate every season we are fortunate enough to enjoy living here in Pennsylvania, I have to admit, summer is by far my favorite!
There’s nothing better than feeling that warm sun on your face, playing outside with the kids, and enjoying some yummy snacks on the deck.
This easy, healthy garden salsa is actually one of my family’s favorite summertime recipes…skip the store-bought seasoning packets and make this delicious salsa with fresh ingredients straight from your garden or farmer’s market.
Your friends and family will be asking for it whenever they come over!
The best part about this recipe is it doesn’t require a lot of dishes or utensils. That’s especially important to me during the summer because when it’s beautiful outside, the last thing I feel like doing is slaving over the sink.
- 6 Roma tomatoes (or about a pound of whatever variety you have on hand)
- 1 small handful of cilantro
- 3 green onions
- ½-1 jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it!)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the ingredients in your food processor and give it a whirl! If you prefer chunky salsa, be careful not to over-process it. Then place it in the fridge for ½ hour.
- Serve the salsa with chips, on top of tacos, or spooned over scrambled eggs or tofu.
- Kick things up a notch and create a dip! Layer cream cheese, this homemade salsa, and shredded cheese on a plate. My kids LOVE this yummy dip!
You may also enjoy these posts…
Take back your finances in just 3 days!
Sign up for my free 3-day email course to organize your bills, create a realistic budget, and tackle your debt.
The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking one of them. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.